Do you want to know the process of how to clean the inside of a double pane window? If you are, then we are here to help. We will take you through the step-by-step process of cleaning the inside part of double pane windows.
As you’re probably aware double pane windows utilize two cascaded pieces of glass and they also have an airtight seal. And so, cleaning between the panes might seem a bit tricky.
If you see that the windows seem hazy and unclear, then it means the seal has broken and water and dust have entered the space between the two panes.
If that has happened to your windows, then you should immediately get them cleaned by following the procedure outlined below.
Cleaning the Inside of a Double Pane Window by Drilling Holes
This method might seem to be a bit extreme, but I find it to be very effective for clearing up a lot of interior windows in apartments and houses.You will want to drill multipleholes through each of the two inner windows first, to avoid any potential damage.
After drilling the holes move on to the following steps:
(1) You must place tiny desiccate packets in those holes in order to absorb the moisture that forms between the window panes over time.
(2) This will take out the fog and hazethat usually builds up inside these windows, as well as help keep moisture away from the glass.
(3) After that, you should use Isopropyl alcohol for rinsing the dirt and debris that getstrapped inside the window panes.
(4) Most of the time just rinsing won’t be enough to clean the dirt out. In that case, you need to go to the next levelby making your own cleaning device.
(5) Tape a sock to a piece of wire and use that to clean the dirt.
There is an alternative method of clearing out the dust from inside the window panes. And that involves using a fan to blow the moisture out of the window panes through its drill holes. This will make it easy for you to clean the window.
We are warning you not to take the glasses apart in order to clean them. That will break the seal between the glasses and you’ll have to hire a professional to reseal them back together. That could be expensive.
Furthermore, you should not seal off the drilled holes as you’ll need them the next time you clean the window. And if you seal the holethen it’ll also trap the moisture inside. You wouldn’t wantthat.
Cleaning the Inside of a Double Pane Window Without Drilling Holes
In case you don’t want to go through the hassle ofdrilling holes, then there is another option for cleaning the inside of the double-pane window.It’sa quite simple but effective method.
There are three approaches that you can try out:
(1) Dusting the windows with a cloth or paper towel, then wiping it away with a damp cloth. Or you can use a damp rag.
(2) Place a dehumidifier in the vicinity of the windows. You could either use a dehumidifier machineor you could make a DIY dehumidifier yourself. Just take a container and poke some holes into it. Then pace some charcoal in it.
(3) Use a hairdryerto heat the windows, in the hopes thatit evaporates the moisture.
That marks the end of this discussion regarding how to clean the inside of a double pane window. If you take the glass of the window apart in order to clean them, then you won’t be able to put them back together.
And so, you have to follow one of the two methods that we have described above. No matter which technique you choose, you’ll have squeaky clean windows in no time.