Is your dishwasher leaving gritty residue on the dishes? Then you have arrived at the right place for the solution. The Dishwashers are an excellent addition in the kitchen of busy households. The tool can make dishwashing more efficient, easier, quicker, and cheaper. However, sometimes the dishwasher may not perform up to the mark.
Gritty residue in the dishwasher is a common problem that you may encounter several times. There can be various reasons for the issue. In our today’s guide, we will let you know how to get rid of the gritty residue from the dishwashers.
Why the Dishwasher Leaving a Gritty Residue
The gritty residues mainly occur when the dishwasher cannot clean properly, and the remaining on the dishes become burnt at high temperatures. You will notice the dust or grit lookalike residue in the washed item. Sometimes the gritty residue can also occur due to the less wash cycle and washing at low temperature. It can even happen because of the low-quality construction of the dishwasher.
There can be many more reason behind the gritty like residue. As a precaution, don’t use the dishwasher if it is not marked safe for the high temperature. Using the dishwasher on hot water can result in poor washing results due to the detergent’s early decomposition.
How to Stop It
It is quite hard to describe how to stop the problem without knowing which issues are causing it. Here is some stuff that you can do to solve the problem:
- Clean the filter of the dishwasher to remove the debris and food residue.
- If you are washing a lot of items at once, then do not use the quick cycle.
- Make sure to use the appropriate detergent mentioned in the user manual of the appliance.
- Also, use the detergent in the appropriate amount of the best cleaning result.
- Place the items correctly in the dishwasher as per the guidance in the manual.
- Make sure that the spray arms of the dishwasher are clean and working correctly.
- Also, be sure that the spray arms are working correctly without any obstruction.
- Never add extra dishes while a cycle is running.
After implementing the above steps, if the problem is still occurring, there may be a problem in the tool’s main recirculation pump. In this case, you will need to call a technician. It will be better to call the showroom to get help from the official appliance technician to solve the problem.
How to Clean the Dishwasher Filter
Frequently, the filter of the dishwasher causes unpleasant cleaning results because of the uncleaned filter. If your filter equips a manual filter and finds foods remaining or residue even after cleaning the dishwasher, you should immediately wash the dishwasher filter. Below, we will let you know how to clean the filter easily:
Things You Will Need:
- Old Toothbrush
- Dishwashing Soap (Liquid)
At first, remove the below rack of the dishwasher and find the filter from there. The filter will be in a cylinder shape and attached to the bottom of the platform. Depending on the types of dishwashers, there can be two filters in the machine. You will need to remove both of them for cleaning.
You can easily remove the bigger or upper cylinder filter by twisting it. The filter needs to be rotated in a counter-clockwise motion. To be fully assured about the direction, check the user manual or arrow sign in its body. After loosening the cylinder, pull it up from the platform for removing. Follow the same rules to remove the other fitter.
Now clean the filter in warm and soapy water. If there are any stubborn stains or residue on the filters, use the old brush or sponge to get rid of them. Rinse the filter with fresh water when you are done cleaning.
Now check the place where the filter is installed. If there is any residue buildup in there, use a damp cloth to sweep clean the surface. You can put back the filter now and secure it in its place. That’s it! You are done cleaning the filter.
Tips to Maintain the Proper Condition of the Dishwasher
A dishwasher can be an excellent companion to make your dishwashing works easier and comfortable. To enjoy a long-term performance from the dishwasher, you should make use of the below maintenance tips:
- Keep your dishwasher clean. It is the first step to prolong the lifespan of the appliance. Leaving the dishwasher uncleaned will not only accumulate dirt and debris but also cause an unpleasant odor. That is why it is quite essential to clean the dishwasher regularly.
- If you find it hard to remove the buildup with the regular cleaning process, then use vinegar. Simply pour a cup of vinegar in the affected area and then run a hot water cycle. The vinegar will break down the residue as well as a disinfectant of the device.
- Make sure that you are correctly loading the dishwasher. Check out the user manual of the appliance to find out the right procedure. Also, don’t overload the device by putting all the dishes at once.
- Check the spinning arms of the device regularly. These are the parts of the machine which spray hot water in the dishes through small holes. If the holes are clogged, then the machine will not work efficiently.
- If there are unpleasant odor in the device, then this step is for you. Fill the detergent holder with lemonade or tang. Then run an empty cycle. It will remove the odor and freshen the device.
- Make sure also to clean the edges and exterior of the devices. Sometimes the odor can arrive from the outside areas around the device.
- You can use bleach to get rid of the mildew from the appliance. Simply fill the detergent holder with bleach and run an empty cycle. Be sure that you are not using the other cleaning solution with it as it can damage the device. Especially if the dishwasher has a stainless-steel construction, then don’t use the bleach.