Imagine, your carpet got red kool aid stains. What will you do now? It looks terrible and it’s tough to remove too. That’s why you have to know how to remove kool aid stains from carpet easily.
Know all the processes well and then decide which one is suitable for you to apply. You can get a lot of options but choose according to your availability of ingredients.
So, see the procedures step by step. Let’s check what you should do to remove the stains.
How To Remove Kool Aid Stains From Carpet – Get All The Details
Different types of methods that you can get when you need to remove the kool aid stains from carpet.
All the methods are easy to execute. You only should know the rules of using it and execute accordingly.
No matter what procedure you use, you need to be sure about its effectiveness. That’s why you should research first. For getting a better idea, check out the methods properly. And the methods of removing kool aid stains are:
- Club Soda
- Lemon Juice
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Liquid Detergent & White Vinegar
Method 1: Club Soda
Club soda is used for several kinds of the stain removal process. It has a property that removes stains and brightens the area. So, if you want to remove any kind of stains, you can totally rely on club soda.
And for removing kool aid stains, you can also use this ingredient. Let’s see the methods in detail.
1. Pour a generous amount of club soda on the stained area. Though it is effective on carpet stains, so you don’t need a lot of it. So, take as much time as you need to soak it properly.
2. Now, soak the stains with it for a few minutes. The place should be properly soaked. It is because that’s how you can take the stains out easily.
3. After soaking it for some time, now you have to blot the places. And to do that, you can use a soft cloth or a blotting paper. Take the paper or the cloth and blot the excess solution out of it. With the blotting, the stains come out.
4. Repeat the processes until you get all the stains out of the carpet. And when you are done, now you should let the carpet there air dry.
Method 2: Lemon Juice
We all know that lemon has citric acid. And for having it, you can get all the stains out easily. And when it’s about the kool aid stains, then lemon juice also works well.
You just have to know all the methods of using it. And to know the basic techniques of using lime juice to remove kool aid stains, let’s see what the method is and what things you should be careful of.
1. First, you should take a test. The lemon juice might lighten up a bit more on the spotted area. So, you need to check if the juice doesn’t discolor the carpet.
2. If you see there is no discoloration occurring, then you can get into the next procedures. And to do that, you need lemon juice. Make sure the juice is completely undiluted. Pour lemon juice on the stains. Cover all the areas well.
3. Now, take a generous amount of time to soak it in the carpet properly. After being soaked for about 5-10 minutes properly, then take a sponge and soak out the areas. You can also use a cloth for blotting. And you can see the stains start coming out.
4. You can also use vinegar with lemon juice and apply the mixture properly. Do the steps in the same way. And then, leave it there until properly dry.
Method 3: Hydrogen Peroxide
Just like lemon juice, hydrogen peroxide also helps to remove any kind of stain and make the place brighter. You can apply it to remove kool aid stains too.
All you need is to know the proper procedures first. The reason is, if you can get an idea of using peroxide appropriately, then you can surely get better results. So, check the processes step by step.
1. Though using it is a bit risky, you need to learn the advantages as well as disadvantages properly. So, that’s why you need to check first if it makes discoloration or not. Take a test just the way you did while using lemon juice.
2. If you see there is no such discoloration occurring, then you can apply all over the stained places. Cover all the areas well with it and then soak for 15-20 minutes.
3. After being done with soaking, now you need to blot it with the help of a blotting paper or a soft cloth.
4. Dry the place well and that’s how you can get the stain-free carpet.
Method 4: Ammonia
Using ammonia is also a good way to get rid of the stains. And if you want to remove kool aid stains, then it will also be the best one of all.
But though it’s a chemical so that, you have to know the exact using process. So, learn the processes well before using it. Let’s check all the details first.
1. Take equal parts of ammonia and warm water in a spray bottle. Shake the mixture well and then apply it all over the stained surfaces.
2. Repeat the spraying another 2-3 times. Make sure the entire surface should be properly coated.
3. Now, take a towel and place it on the stained surface. After that take an iron and heat it properly. Place it on over the towel and you see how the stains transfer from the carpet to the towel.
4. Repeat the transferring process several times until you see all the stains are gone. And you can have a kool aid stain-free carpet ever.
Method 5: Liquid Detergent & White Vinegar
When you have no other options available, you can then use a detergent solution whether it’s liquid or not. It is generally available in the house. So, if you have no other ingredients available then try this one.
And for using it properly, let’s get the procedures first.
1. Take a spray bottle and pour both liquid detergent and white vinegar. Add some warm water and mix the ingredients well.
2. Spray the mixture all over the stains and then let it sit for about 15-20 minutes. Make sure you take a good amount of time to soak.
3. And after being completely soaked, now you need to blot the places. And for that, you will need a paper towel or a blotting paper. You can use any kind of cloth if you don’t have papers.
4. For blotting, take the cloth and place it on the surface. Press the cloth and you can see the difference.
5. Repeat the processes until you see all the stains are gone. And then, leave the carpet to air dry.
Facts That You Should Be Careful Of!
You can simply learn the methods and apply them accordingly. But that’s not enough to get a perfect stain-free carpet. You also need to know about other situations.
There are a lot of advantages as well as disadvantages too. And when you apply any of them, you need to maintain other things too. Let’s check all the things that you must be careful of.
- Do not soak the place with any kind of chemicals because it might change the natural color of the carpet. You can rather repeat the process of getting a better service.
- Avoid using a brush. You can use it if you have less time. But try to skip this process and do blotting instead of it.
- Put on your gloves before applying any kind of chemicals. That’s how you can get rid of the stains without hurting your skin
- You can dry the place by using any kind of dryer. But air dry will be appreciated.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get dried red stains out of carpet?
The easiest way is the use of peroxide. And that’s why to take a generous amount of peroxide and apply to the stains. Let the stains sit for some time. And then take a cloth or a sponge to blot the areas. That’s how you can also remove dried red stains.
Does Kool Aid stain carpet?
Yes, kool aid makes a tough red stain on the carpet. That’s how you need to be careful while removing the stains. Also, make sure the stains don’t spread to the other areas. It is because if it does then the stains get spread broadly which looks messier than before.
What is the best homemade carpet stains remover?
You can find a lot of homemade remedies for removing stains from carpet. But if you want to know about the best ingredient then we have to say that white vinegar works pretty well. Soak the places with vinegar and then you can see the difference.
As you can see, we have explained some of the effective methods for you. You can use any of them to remove kool aid stains. But first, know all about how to remove kool aid stains from carpet.
All that matters is to remove the stains from your carpet. It is because if your carpet doesn’t look nice and clean, then it looks terrible in your house. And to clear the mess, you need to remove all the stains out.
So, apply the method that you want and keep your house clean.