Do you wanna know what could completely ruin your weekends? Poop stains on your carpet! If you’re dealing with poop stains on your favorite carpet, we have nothing but sympathies for you.
However, that’s not all. We understand the pain of having to clean poop stains off the carpet, when you just want to kick back and relax. And that’s why we will tell you how to remove poop stains from carpet.
Down below you’ll find the steps that you can follow in order to get out of such a messy situation.
How to remove poop stains from clothes, carpets and furniture?
Alright, it’s time for us to get down to business and talk about how to get rid of pet feces, pet stains, or poop, whatever you would like to call it! Look, I know that we don’t particularly like to clean these sorts of stains. But it has to be done.
And don’t worry. We have a quick and easy way for you to get rid of those nasty poop stains out of your carpet and move on with your life. For this task, you’ll require a carpet stain remover such as the pet savor carpet stain remover and a carpet deodorizer and refresher.
Just follow the steps given below and you’ll have your carpet cleaned from poop stains in no time:
- At first, take a spatula and scoop the poop up from the carpet, and put it inside a plastic bag. Then throw that plastic bag away.
- After you’ve done that, take the carpet stain remover and thoroughly spray it remover on the stain. And let it sit for at least 10 seconds.
- Then start dabbing that stain using a white rag. This will take out the pieces and particles left behind from the stain. Remember you should never rub the stain as that will make matters worse.
- Once you’ve removed all the leftover pieces and particles of the stain, you should spray the stain again.
- Take another white rag and this time start rubbing the stain. Do as deep as possible into really the carpet.
- At this point, if the stain is still not fully removed, you’re gonna have to put a heavy object over the carpet.
- That process includes spraying the stain with the stain remover, placing the white rag over the stain, and then placing an object of 25-30 pounds on top of the rag.
- Leave that for 2-3 hours and come back to check the status of the stain once the time is up. If the stain still persists, repeat this process once more and check the results.
- Once you’ve successfully removed the poop stain off your carpet, you have to use the carpet deodorizer and refresher.
- Spray the deodorizer on the stain and let the foam soak into the stained area of the carpet. It will remove the horrible smell left by the feces.
How to remove poop stains from Carpet Using Cleaning Solutions
If you don’t have a carpet stain remover lying around in your house, you can easily go for the next best thing. You could also use a regular cleaning solution such as dish soap, detergent, or vinegar.
Here are the steps you have to take for this DIY cleaning project of yours:
- First of all, you should never let the stain sit for a long time. Take the waste away as soon as possible. If you don’t do that, the stain could become permanent.
- Use a wet paper towel to scrape off the left-over poop from the carpet.
- After that, it’s time to mix the cleaning solution. Take 2-3 cups of water and pour 1 tablespoon of dish soap in it. Add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to the mix. And stir the mixture.
- Remember the dish soap must not have any trace of bleach in it. That’s because bleach is a discoloring agent that could ruin the color of your carpet. So be careful about this.
- Pour a small amount of the cleaning liquid on the affected area and use a rag or disposable towel to rub the area.
- Keep doing this until the stain has disappeared completely. Then let the area dry. After it gets completely dried vacuum the carpet.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get rid of poop stains?
All you have to do is mix a tablespoon of dishwashing detergent with a little bit of water and pour the mixture over the stained area. Then use a white rag to clean the area. Keep rubbing the area until it gets removed completely.
Will poop stains come out?
You might be wondering whether or not the stains will come out. Now there isn’t any direct answer to that question. It depends on the type of material your carpet is made out of.
Will vinegar remove poop stains?
Yes, it can. However, you have to mix the vinegar with a cleaning agent such as dish soap or detergent.
What is the best homemade carpet stain remover?
You can make a quarter cup of vinegar with a quarter cup of water. Then add a tablespoon of ammonia and some lukewarm water to the mixture. This will work as an excellent homemade carpet stain remover.
No matter how hard you try, you can’t always keep everything neat and tidy all the time. Sometimes accidents are bound to happen. Hopefully, you’ve found our tips regarding how to remove poop stains from carpet helpful.
If you have the proper know-how and the correct tools for the job, tackling such a mess would be a piece of cake for you.